[Article] Seungri Enlists In The Military

Seungri Enlists In The Military

Seungri Enlists In The Military

Mar 9, 2020

As announced previously, Seungri enlisted on March 9 at the 6th Infantry Recruit Training Center in Cheorwon County, Gangwon Province.

He did not respond to any of the questions asked by the press on his way to the training center.

Seungri will receive five weeks of basic military training and serve as an active-duty soldier.

Previously, Seungri was indicted without detention for mediating prostitution services, habitual gambling, and violation of the Foreign Exchange Transactions Act. Now that he has enlisted, his trials will be held in the military courts.

Source (1)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

Source: Soompi

[Article] Seungri Reported To Enlist Next Week

Seungri Reported To Enlist Next Week

Seungri Reported To Enlist Next Week

Mar 5, 2020

According to Yonhap News, Seungri will enlist on March 9.

On March 5, the news outlet cited someone close to Seungri who stated that Seungri will be enlisting on March 9 at the 6th Infantry Recruit Training Center in Cheorwon County, Gangwon Province.

The Military Manpower Administration, the Korean army, and Ministry of National Defense all stated, “We cannot confirm this.”

On January 30, Seungri was indicted without detention for mediating prostitution services, habitual gambling, and violation of the Foreign Exchange Transactions Act.

Seungri was originally scheduled to enlist as an active duty soldier on March 25, 2019, but his enlistment was postponed in order for him to participate in the ongoing police investigations. Recently, the MMA announced that they sent Seungri a military draft notice, and prior to the latest report, it was reported that Seungri would be enlisting on March 6.

Source (1) (2)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

Source: Soompi

[Article] More Celebrities Make Donations Toward Coronavirus Prevention Efforts

More Celebrities Make Donations Toward Coronavirus Prevention Efforts

More Celebrities Make Donations Toward Coronavirus Prevention Efforts

Mar 4, 2020

Celebrities are continuing to make public and private donations to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported over 90,000 cases and over 3000 deaths related to COVID-19 around the world. South Korea continues to report hundreds of new cases every day, with a current total of over 5000 cases and over 30 deaths, mostly centered around the Daegu region.

Hyun Bin, who wrote a heartfelt letter to fans in various languages about the issue, was belatedly revealed to have donated 200 million won (about $168,700) to the Community Chest of Korea. The donation was made on February 27 but the Community Chest of Korea only made it public on March 3.

Han Hyo Joo donated 100 million won (about $84,400) to the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association. Gray donated 50 million won (about $42,200) to the same organization and wrote on Instagram, “Let’s get through this together! Strength!”

BIGBANG’s T.O.P also donated 100 million won to the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association. A source from Hope Bridge said, “Choi Seung Hyun [T.O.P’s real name] made the donation and expressed his sincerest respect and gratitude for the health care workers who have dedicated themselves to combating the COVID-19 outbreak. He said that he wants to help in any way he could.”

Comedienne Lee Young Ja donated 50 million won and married couple Hong Hyun Hee and Jason donated 10 million won (about $8400) to the same organization. Kim Sook donated 30 million won (about $25,300) to the Miral Welfare Foundation to assist vulnerable populations such as disabled children and elders who live on their own.

Han Ji Min donated 3000 packages of protective clothing for health care workers, worth 100 million won, through the Daegu City Society. A source from her agency confirmed that Han Ji Min had personally helped deliver the donation.

Ma Dong Seok reportedly donated 100 million won to the Daegu branch of the Community Chest of Korea. gugudan’s Kim Sejeong donated 10 million won to the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association. 2PM’s Chansung, currently serving in the military, donated 50 million won to the Hope Bridge Disaster Relief Association as well.

Kim Moo Yeol and Yoon Seung Ah, a married actor couple, donated 10 million won to the Beautiful Foundation and the same amount to the Daegu Catholic University Medical Center. Crush reportedly donated 20 million won (about $16,900) to the Community Chest of Korea. Go Ara donated 100 million won to the non-profit organization Good Neighbors.

IU, in addition to the donations she has already made to the cause, donated another 20 million won to aid prevention efforts in Yangpyeong County. The county, which is in Gyeonggi Province, currently has no confirmed cases, but many in the population are elderly and vulnerable to disease.

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

Source: Soompi