Forbes: The 30 Highest-Paid Celebrities Under 30 In 2016

30-under-30

(Parts omitted)

K-pop boy band BIGBANG (No. 13, $44 million), whose five members range in age from 25 to 29, account for almost half of the international twenty-somethings on this list. When told that the band took home more than any active American all-male arena pop group, Jiyong, 27, was stunned. “We made more than Maroon 5?” said front man Kwon “G-Dragon” Jiyong, 27, through a translator. “Did not know that. My mom is in charge of my earnings.” Fortunately the group’s finances are in the capable hands of their manager, former K-pop idol Yang “YG” Hyun Suk.

Source: Forbes

BIGBANG named one of Forbes Magazine’s ‘Highest Paid Celebrities under 30 in 2016’

bigbang-31

BIGBANG have had a big year, managing to land on Forbes Magazine’s 2016 list of the “Highest Paid Celebrities Under 30”!

Given that this year is the group’s 10th anniversary, it goes without saying the 2016 has been the year of BIGBANG. With a successful world tour under their belt, the release of the popular “MADE” documentary film, various other anniversary-related projects, and their long-awaited third album to still come, BIGBANG have had big 2016, so much so that they’ve entered Forbes Magazine for the second time this year!

Following their entry into Forbes Magazine’s Celebrity 100 list earlier this year, BIGBANG have now made it into Forbes Magazine’s newly-released list of “Highest Paid Celebrities Under 30 for 2016” at No. 13. Not only do BIGBANG account for almost half of the international celebrities on the list, they’ve earned more than any active American male pop group.

A huge congrats to BIGBANG for making into Forbes Magazine (again)!

bigbang-20

Source: SBS Pop Asia

BIGBANG Chosen as The 30 Highest-Paid Celebrities Under 30 In 2016 by Forbes



[헤럴드POP=박수인 기자] BIGBANG made it on the Forbes list of the 30 highest-paid celebrities under 30.

On November 15 (local time), Forbes announced the list of “The 30 Highest-Paid Celebrities Under 30 In 2016” on its website. BIGBANG came 13thwith an annual earning of $44 million (about 52 billion won).

BIGBANG was the only Korean act on the list. Others on the list include Tayler Swift, Justin Bieber, Adele and Rihanna.

Forbes said, “the band took home more than any active American all-male arena pop group”, which demonstrates BIGBANG’s strong presence in the US market.

Earlier on, Forbes put BIGBANG on its Celeb 100 list and its World’s Highest Paid Celebrities 2016 list.

Meanwhile, BIGBANG is to make a comeback at the end of the year. Currently, the group is on a tour titled “BIGBANG THE CONCERT: 0.TO.10 THE FINAL-“, which started on November 5 at the Tokyo Dome. With this tour, BIGBANG became the first foreign artist to go on tours for four consecutive years in Japan. BIGBANG will hold 16 concerts in four cities, and as much as 781,500 people are expected to come to the group’s concerts.

2016. 11. 17.

Source: YG Life

SECHSKIES & BIGBANG are coming back in December… Not competing, but “pushing and pulling” one another for mutual success



[일간스포츠=이미현 기자] YG Entertainment (“YG”) has opened its jewel boxes in every two to three months this year: comeback of WINNER in January and LEE HI in March; comeback of AKMU and debut of iKON in May; debut of BLACKPINK and single release of CL in August; then debut of MOBB in September.
Until the very end of the year 2016, YG will not stop creating sensation in the music scene, with long-awaited comeback of SECHSKIES and BIGBANG. The two groups are the “wild cards” of YG. According to music industry insiders on November 17, SECHSKIES and BIGBANG will come back at the same time in December.
YG opted for a “win-win strategy” for SECHSKIES and BIGBANG to push and pull each other for the purpose of achieving success together at the same time. SECHSKIES, the “idol group of the 20th century” will push BIGBANG, while BIGBANG, “the idol group of the 21st century” pulls SECHSKIES for mutual success. 
▶ YG “legends” are coming
It is not an exaggeration to say that SECHSKIES was the hottest key-word for the year 2016. SECHSKIES members gathered together for their performance in MBC’s “The Infinite Challenge – I Love Saturday Season 2” show, after their long-time separation. Then, in May this year, SECHSKIES dramatically came to sign management contract with YG, to prove their still-big influence as the “ancestor of idol boy groups”. SECHSKIES’ concert held in September achieved great success and the team’s new song “THREE WORDS” released one month after the concert swept No.1 on a variety of music charts, to display the substantial presence of this “first-generation idol singer” in the music scene.
BIGBANG is the “pillar” of YG. Since their debut in a reality TV show in 2006, BIGBANG has been the top idol boy group in Korea for the past 10 years, without any change in the members. From “LIES” and “LAST FAREWELL” to single album project “MADE” last year, every album released by BIGBANG took No.1 on charts. BIGBANG held a 10th anniversary concert in August this year at Sang-am World Cup Stadium in Seoul, to set a record of 65,000 people for one session of concert, which is the highest-ever number in Korea. 
▶ How much the preparation for new album has progressed?
Now, YG has announced the comeback of SECHSKIES and BIGBANG. The estimated timing for their comeback is early December. SECHSKIES has already completed recording for a new song other than “THREE WORDS” that was unveiled recently. In an interview with Daily Sports last month, SECHSKIES gave a hint on their new song by saying, “Another new song will have a new feel different from that of ‘THREE WORDS’. It is a song of a quick tempo.”
In the meantime, SECHSKIES is now in the final stage of working for their new song. They already completed the shooting for their new music video on the 27 last month in Sapporo, Japan. Plus, they also appeared in MBC Every1 TV’s “Weekly Idol” show. That is a big gift given for fans even before their official comeback.
BIGBANG is also to follow SECHSKIES to come back soon. On the 18 last month in Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do, and on the 15 this month in Seoul, BIGBANG shot music videos for their new songs in secret. BIGBANG is now giving the final touch on their third full album “MADE”, for its release within this year. Considering the fact that the music video shot in Seoul is the last one for their new album, BIGBANG’s comeback is expected to be made by the end of this month or early next month.
Notably, T.O.P passed the examination for the selection of policeman for his mandatory military service, on the 14 this month. He will soon join the police band of Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Therefore, BIGBANG’s comeback with their third full album will be the last opportunity for BIGBANG fans to complete team BIGBANG before T.O.P joins the police.
An YG insider said, “The exact date of SECHSKIES and BIGBANG’s new release has not been confirmed yet. Considering the fact that the music video shot in Seoul is the last one for BIGBANG’s new album, the time of their comeback is expected to be early next month. As SECHSKIES has also finished the shooting for their music video, I guess the time of their comeback will be similar to the time of BIGBANG’s comeback”.
YG is now coming forward to attract music fans for this end-of-year holiday season. As two of YG’s legendary boy groups are coming back at the same time, the music scene and music fans are paying keen attention to the two team’s moves.
2016. 11. 17.
Source: YG Life

BIGBANG And Sechs Kies To Make Comebacks In December

Sechs Kies BIGBANG

A source from YG Entertainment spoke with news outlets and revealed, “Sechs Kies and BIGBANG are filming their individual music videos and preparing for a comeback before the end of the year. [Their comebacks] will not occur past mid-December.”

The source continued, “The specific dates and related information will be released through posters and teasers later.”

Sechs Kies last released “Three Words” in July and enjoyed great success on music charts. The group plans on appearing on “Running Man” and “Weekly Idol” in the near future. Furthermore, they filmed their new music video in Sapporo, Japan.

As for BIGBANG, they recently held various 10-year anniversary projects including an exhibition, movie, and concerts. They were reported to be filming their new music video earlier this week.

Stay tuned for updates!

Source (1)



Source: Soompi


BIGBANG And SECHSKIES To Make Comebacks In December

Sechs Kies BIGBANG

A source from YG Entertainment spoke with news outlets and revealed, “SECHSKIES and BIGBANG are filming their individual music videos and preparing for a comeback before the end of the year. [Their comebacks] will not occur past mid-December.”

The source continued, “The specific dates and related information will be released through posters and teasers later.”

SECHSKIES last released “Three Words” in July and enjoyed great success on music charts. The group plans on appearing on “Running Man” and “Weekly Idol” in the near future. Furthermore, they filmed their new music video in Sapporo, Japan.

As for BIGBANG, they recently held various 10-year anniversary projects including an exhibition, movie, and concerts. They were reported to be filming their new music video earlier this week.

Stay tuned for updates!

Source (1)



Source: Soompi


Jung Hyung Don Continues To Play Hard To Get With G-Dragon

G-dragon jung hyung don weekly idol

Fans of the possibly the greatest bromance of all – the bromance between Jung Hyung Don and G-Dragon – received an update of its status on the November 16 broadcast of “Weekly Idol.”

Girl group and YG Entertainment rookie BLACKPINK were guests on this episode, which meant that Jung Hyung Don could ask them about G-Dragon, who is also in the same agency. He asked, “How is G-Dragon these days? Tell him to call me.”

Jung Hyung Don, not wanting to sound clingy, added, “Oh yeah, I changed my number. I didn’t tell him after. Defconn helped him, saying that Jung Hyung Don changed his number because G-Dragon texted him every day, to which Jung Hyung Don complained, “Yeah, he was so clingy!”

It would be great to see G-Dragon and Jung Hyung Don on “Weekly Idol” again!

Source (1)


Source: Soompi


[Exclusive] BIGBANG’s comeback is just around the corner… Shooting new music video today (Nov. 15) in Seoul

[

일간스포츠=이미현 기자] BIGBANG’s comeback is just around the corner.

According to multiple music industry insiders on November 15, BIGBANG is shooting the music video for their new song in secret, on the same day in Seoul.

BIGBANG has been currently working hard on their third full album “MADE”, for its release within this year. All the work for the new songs to be included in the album has already been completed.

The date of BIGBANG’s new release has yet to be confirmed. However, considering the fact that BIGBANG is shooting another new music video today in Seoul following their music video shooting on the 18 last month in Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do, it is obvious that BIGBANG’s comeback is just around the corner.

Plus, SEUNGRI mentioned BIGBANG’s comeback in NAVER V-APP live-broadcasting in September. He hinted on BIGBANG’s upcoming comeback by saying, “BIGBANG will come back soon. We’re now working on new songs in secret”.

In the meantime, BIGBANG carried out projects in celebration of the 10th anniversary of their debut this year, including an art exhibition and movie release. On August 21, BIGBANG held 10th anniversary concert at Sang-am World Cup Stadium, to meet 65,000 fans.  

2016. 11. 15.

Source: YG Life

BIGBANG Begins Filming Music Video For 3rd Studio Album


BIGBANG has been gaining attention leading up to their comeback.

On November 15, a media outlet reported that BIGBANG is currently filming the music video for their upcoming new track.

BIGBANG Begins Filming Music Video For 3rd Studio Album

BIGBANG is currently preparing hard for their 3rd studio album as part of their MADE project. The new track has already been produced and the goal is to release the album by the end of this year. The release date has not been set and was postponed due to filming of the music video, however, the plan is to release the album late November or early December.

Member T.O.P has been confirmed to enlist in the army early next year after passing the final National Police Agency examination. Interest in the upcoming album is especially high as it will mark BIGBANG′s last album before T.O.P′s enlistment.

Meanwhile, BIGBANG, who is currently touring Japan, will hold their BIGBANG10 The Concert : 0.TO.10 Final In Seoul on January 7-8. This will mark BIGBANG′s last Korea Tour to commemorate their 10th anniversary and T.O.P will enlist in the army after the completion of this concert.

Photo credit: YG Entertainment

 

Source: MWave

YG addresses BIGBANG’s impending military service


thejakartapost-com-2016_06_29_7329_1467185624-_large

YG Entertainment announced boy band BIGBANG’s plans for their compulsory military conscription Monday.

A YG representative told local media: “It is the duty of every Korean man to enlist and serve his country. Next year T.O.P will be enlisting, and the other members will follow after next year.”

In addition, the National Police Agency announced the list of accepted candidates to the Seoul District Police Conscripted Policemen. T.O.P was accepted into the brass band for the special forces.

As the oldest in BIGBANG, T.O.P will be the first to enlist.(YG Entertainment via The Korea Herald/File)

T.O.P will have to enlist into a boot camp in South Chungcheong Province within three months to receive four weeks of basic combat training.

As the oldest in the group, T.O.P will be the first to enlist. Taeyang and G-Dragon are set to follow, and have loosely set their sights on enlisting in 2018. Daesung and Seungri are the youngest and intend to enlist in the following year.

This article appeared on The Korea Herald newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post