BIGBANG Unveils Poster And Details For 10th Anniversary Concert

{op[4] html}
{op[5] html}

16 K-Pop Fandoms Face Off In Annual Billboard Fan Army Tournament

{op[4] html}
{op[5] html}

Movie shows BIGBANG in natural state

Movie shows BIGBANG in natural state

‘Made’ reveals candid footage of hallyu stars smoking, cursing, performing, living

In a scene in “BIGBANG Made,” G-Dragon sits in his dressing room barefaced and in his underwear, while Seungri ambushes the shower to take candid shots of T.O.P, who proceeds to spew expletives at his bandmate.

The documentary-style movie, a project which celebrates the wildly popular K-pop boy band’s 10-year anniversary, follows the group’s five members — G-Dragon, Seungri, T.O.P, Taeyang and Daesung — as they perform in 32 cities in 13 countries as part of the group’s 2015 world tour.

It is a movie that will delight fans, showing the five singers off guard in their natural state — onstage, backstage and offstage — as playful 20-somethings, perfectionist performers and sometimes even irritable celebrities. It is also something of a gift boding a temporary farewell, as many of the members, starting with T.O.P, are set to join the mandatory military service next year.

koreaherald.com 20160629000609_0
Members of K-pop group BIGBANG are featured in this still from the film “BIGBANG Made,” which opens in local theaters Thursday. (YG Entertainment)

“We don’t want it to be staged … does there have to be a format?” T.O.P’s voice says as the film starts off.

The film weaves one-on-one interviews with the members with footage of them frolicking about during music video shoots and often unwinding with a cigarette.

But it also shows them striving for perfection as professional performers, meticulously tending to the details of putting on live shows — which involve everything from fleeting flashes of stage lighting to the sound quality of background instruments. Shots show G-Dragon pushing forward with performances even when severely ill, Taeyang discussing dance movements and microphone volume with staff, and so on.

“During the 10 years I’ve been performing, I don’t think I’ve ever once had a perfect rehearsal,” says Taeyang. “That’s why we get more anxious every time.”

Featured in the movie are interviews with multinational fans who explain their love for the group. It also shows BIGBANG’s longtime crew — makeup artist, stylist, concert planner and choreographer — who have been with the group since the very beginning when G-Dragon, aged 13, started out as a trainee at YG Entertainment.

“I can’t do anything without these people,” he says in the film. “They’re like family.”

BIGBANG members also speak about their recent contract renewal with YG Entertainment at the end of last year.

“I was careful, because I didn’t know what would happen in the future, with my military service coming up,” says T.O.P.

koreaherald.com 20160629000610_0
Members of K-pop group BIGBANG are featured in this still from the film “BIGBANG Made,” which opens in local theaters Thursday. (YG Entertainment)

“But YG Entertainment is like home to me. I haven’t ever considered leaving home yet,” says G-Dragon.

Larger-than-life performances of hit songs like “Bang Bang Bang,” “Fantastic Baby” and “Haru Haru” are captured on Screen X, a technology that projects footage onto both of a theater’s side walls as well as the main screen for an immersive experience. Multiple cameras filmed BIGBANG’s tour performances for the 270-degree film, YG Entertainment said.

For non-fans, these heart-thumping concert scenes that surround the audience will be the highlight of the film, creating the illusion of being present at the concert in the midst of the crowd.

“BIGBANG Made” will open Thursday in local CGV theaters. The Screen X versions are available at CGV Yeouido, Yeongdeungpo, Yongsan, Hongdae and Mokdong.

By Rumy Doo (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

Source: Korean Herald

G-Dragon Talks About What He Wants For The Future Of BIGBANG

G-Dragon Talks About What He Wants For The Future Of BIGBANG

It’s no easy feat maintaining a career in music into old age, but that’s exactly what BIGBANG’s G-Dragon wants to do, and he wants to do it with BIGBANG.

A press conference was held on June 28 for BIGBANG’s 10th anniversary film “BIGBANG Made.” In the film, G-Dragon addressed how he feels about BIGBANG’s 10th anniversary coming around with his military service coming up. He says, “We’re more afraid than fans about it. We feel the same way.” He says, “Fans may think, ‘we won’t be seeing them,’ but to us, we’re unable to see our fans. It’s always sad and disappointing.”

G-Dragon said that nothing has changed for them. “Each day is the same. Like the Rolling Stones, we too want to do [music] when we’re in our 50s, our 60s. When we take each small wish like that and chase our dreams, I believe that one day, we’ll see our dreams come true.”

“BIGBANG Made” premieres on June 30.

Source (1)

Source: Soompi


G-Dragon Talks About What He Wants For The Future Of BIGBANG

{op[4] html}
{op[5] html}

Has G-Dragon ever thought about leaving YG Entertainment?

G-Dragon showed his continued, strong commitment to YG Entertainment.

In BIGBANG‘s 10th anniversary special film ‘BIGBANG Made‘, the 5 members shared some of their honest thoughts on their career, goals, military enlistment, YG Entertainment, and more.

Out of the many interesting topics, G-Dragon talked about his label, and stated, “I came into the agency when I was 13 years-old, and have worked with them ever since. Many people in YG have known me since I was 13. It’s like home to me, and I have never thought about leaving.”

It sounds like G-Dragon will forever be part of the YG family!

Source: AllKPop

BIGBANG Makes Big Promises If Ticket Sales Reach 100,000 For “BIGBANG MADE”

BIGBANG Makes Big Promises If Ticket Sales Reach 100,000 For “BIGBANG MADE”

On June 28, BIGBANG participated in a movie talk through Naver’s V app for their upcoming movie, “BIGBANG MADE,” which commemorates their 10-year anniversary.

On the same day, BIGBANG greeted the press and fans as a complete group for the first time in three months. The group told their fans that they would show them their real selves.

“Our sincere and truthful behind-the-scenes selves are included in the movie. We are just like guys who are our age. We wish for viewers to watch the movie favorably.”

The group also made a promise to fans.

Taeyang stated, “While in the waiting room we made a box-office promise. We originally had planned to put on a guerrilla concert for our 10-year anniversary, but it did not happen. If we reach over 100,000 in ticket sales we will hold a guerrilla concert at a location no one will know about. If we reach over 50,000 in sales we will reveal unreleased movie footage, which include Seungri and T.O.P’s shower scenes. Of the two, we’ll reveal Seungri’s shower scene. He will upload it himself.”

Seungri jokingly responds, “Did I agree to this? I’m going to upload this myself?”

“BIGBANG MADE” will premiere on June 30.

Source (1)

Source: Soompi


BIGBANG Makes Big Promises If Ticket Sales Reach 100,000 For “BIGBANG MADE”

{op[4] html}
{op[5] html}

Seungri Explains How The BIGBANG Members Reacted To His New Gangster Film Role

Seungri Explains How The BIGBANG Members Reacted To His New Gangster Film Role

Japanese action film “High & Low The Movie,” through which BIGBANG’s Seungri is making his film debut, is premiering soon. The film is about the territorial battles between gangs, and the film stars popular Japanese group members from EXILE and Sandaime J Soul Brothers.

Seungri plays a Korean mob boss’s son, who is in command of the gang. His character is a cunning and cruel one, who, with Kohaku (a fighter played by EXILE’s Akira), works to dominate territories.

In an interview, Seungri says, laughing, “When I first told the BIGBANG members that I was doing this movie, they were all happy for me. But when they heard that I was playing a Korean mob member, they laughed.”

He said, “I had always wanted to do a film of this genre, and being able to play a villain for the first time was the best. However, I tried to portray the character as not inherently ‘evil,’ but as someone with a story. It was a very attractive character, and I had a great time working with the members of EXILE.”

“High & Low The Movie” premieres on July 16 in Japan.

Source (1)

Source: Soompi


Seungri Explains How The BIGBANG Members Reacted To His New Gangster Film Role

{op[4] html}
{op[5] html}