Kwanghee Jokingly Attempts to One-Up BIGBANG’s G-Dragon on “Infinite Challenge”

Kwanghee Jokingly Attempts to One-Up BIGBANG’s G-Dragon on “Infinite Challenge”

On the latest episode of “Infinite Challenge,” the members say goodbye to their friends and loved ones over video messages before they head to “space.” Naturally, Kwanghee has to send a message to BIGBANG’s G-Dragon and Taeyang!

While recording his video, Kwanghee addresses G-Dragon and Taeyang by their real names, Kwon Ji Yong and Dong Young Bae. “My forever friend, Ji Yong!” he starts off with a grin. “I’m going to space. It’s unfortunate, but I’ll be the first idol in space.”

kwanghee 1

“And I’ll be the one who’s setting the fashion trends there,” he adds. “Don’t be too sad!”

“Young Bae, you’re listening next to him, right?” he says. “Our Young Bae! I’m going to space!”

kwanghee 2

He then waves to the pair of them and says, “I’ll contact you soon, goodbye!”

Kwanghee, G-Dragon, and Taeyang previously joined up as a team on “Infinite Challenge”’s 2015 music festival to produce and perform their own song. Kwanghee recently said on a radio show that he still stays in contact with G-Dragon and Taeyang.

Be sure to watch January 16's episode of “Infinite Challenge” to cast’s space adventure!

Source (1)

Source: Soompi


Yang Min-suk is the impresario of South Korea's soft power

20160115_Bigban_middle_320.jpgSEOUL -- On Nov. 12, some 50,000 Japanese fans gathered at the Tokyo Dome for a concert by BIGBANG, a five-member K-pop boy band. BIGBANG's tour, which began last spring, will take in a dozen countries including Japan, the U.S. and Southeast Asian nations. In all, they are expected to entertain 1.4 million people, one of the biggest audiences ever pulled in by an Asian pop group.

     Their spring performance in Seoul can be seen online for free. The video went viral, winning BIGBANG new fans. "The era of the digital Silk Road is upon us," said Yang Min-suk, the 42-year-old chief executive of YG Entertainment, the talent agency that counts BIGBANG among its acts.

     Yang's cutting-edge online marketing strategy catapulted singer PSY of "Gangnam Style" fame to international stardom. PSY's comical song and dance number took the world by storm. The video was viewed more than 2.4 billion times.

     Yang entered the entertainment business in 1997 at the suggestion of his older brother, Yang Hyun-suk a singer-turned-producer. Because the elder Yang spent many years in show business and lacked business experience, the younger Yang took charge of the management of their talent agency.

20160114_Yang-Min-suk_article_thumbnail.jpgLet us entertain you

At the time, South Korea was in the throes of the Asian financial crisis and was trying to turn its economy around through information technology. As broadband Internet service spread, many people downloaded music illegally, causing the market for CDs to collapse. YG Entertainment had difficulty meeting its payroll and nearly went under.

     The company gave up on the CD business, focusing instead on music videos. Yang Min-suk saw a bright future in the first-rate vocal and dance talent his brother was grooming. Rather than hire contractors, YG Entertainment handled its own concert planning and production. It spent three times the going rate to produce music videos, which were released online, free of charge. Its unique business model was later copied around the world.

     While the success of YG Entertainment owes much to Yang's business savvy, the death of the CD market also spurred innovation and a shakeup of South Korea's music and entertainment industries. "Talent agencies began to handle every aspect of the business," said Kim Yung-duk, global business promotion division leader of Korea Creative Content Agency.

     The "digital Silk Road" offers more than just music. YG Entertainment has partnered with Tencent, a Chinese online content provider, to create mobile games featuring cartoon versions of Bigbang. The South Korean company also enlists its artists to advertise clothing and cosmetics, promoting the YG brand around the world.

     South Korean President Park Geun-hye touts the country's music and films as an engine of economic growth. South Korea's manufacturers revived the country's economy following the Asian financial crisis. Now Chinese competitors are snapping at their heels.

  In the 20th century, the U.S. was the world's predominant purveyor of goods and soft power. It remains to be seen whether Asian countries will become major creators of soft power in the 21st century. If it does, Yang Min-suk, who did much to create the digital Silk Road, is likely to be one of its leading lights.


Source: Asia Nikkei


Netizens unimpressed by BIGBANG’s combined worth

bigbang-comeback

Korean media outlets recently reported on the incredible wealth of YG Entertainment male group BIGBANG, calling them “super rich.”

After assessing the figures presented by the reports, however, netizens were generally unimpressed by the idols’ finances. According to the statistics, the idol group owns a total of forty billion won (~$33 million) in assets between the five members, with leader G-Dragon possessing roughly fifteen billion won (~$12.38 million) on his own. Despite these numbers, however, netizens are arguing that they should be wealthier with their reputation, and some have even criticized the artists for their past controversies.

Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!

20160114000036_020160114000035_1


NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.


[+ 1012, – 149] Even when he commits a crime fans defend her. If you want justice in Korea you need success. Money is power

[+ 873, – 115] Well you need to go to the military soon huh??

[+ 809, – 156] Looks like he’s well off even after plagiarizing and doing drugs. Thanks to the genius media play by his agency.

Source:Herald Economy

 

Source: Koreaboo

BIGBANG’s Taeyang celebrates 4 million mark on Instagram

Image: BIGBANG's Facebook / YG Entertainment
Image: BIGBANG's Facebook / YG Entertainment

Fresh from the New Year, BIGBANG’s Taeyang welcomes 2016 marking another milestone on Instagram. 

On January 14th, Taeyang surprised fans with a montage of his own photos saying, “Youngbae welcomes you! #4m.” The post was dedicated to his fans as he announces his four million mark achievement on the social networking site.

Currently, Taeyang joins BIGBANG with the rest of their activities as they tour Japan for their concert series, MADE. 

 
 

@__youngbae__ welcomes you! #4m

A photo posted by TAEYANG (@__youngbae__) on

 

 

Source: Koreaboo

Does Kwanghee still keep in touch with G-Dragon and Taeyang?

allkpop.com_article_2016_01_Taeyang-G-Dragon-Kwanghee_1452612837_af_org_.jpg

On MBC FM4U's 'Park Kyung Lim's 2 O'Clock Date' on January 12, Kwanghee appeared and talked about his former collaborators on 'Infinity Challenge,' G-Dragon and Taeyang.

"I keep in touch as always with G-Dragon and Taeyang," he revealed. "We sent one another new year's greetings via text."  Park Kyung Lim seemed unimpressed as she replied, "Doesn't everyone do that?"

"Honestly, I want to contact them often, but they're so busy," Kwanghee admitted.  "Recently, I went to have fun on Jeju Island, and G-Dragon gave me a lot of information [about what to do there]."

Source: AllKPop






30th Golden Disk Awards to be held in Korea due to safety concerns in China

Golden Disk Awards
Image: Golden Disk Awards

On January 11th, it has been reported that this year’s Golden Disk Awards have been moved from the original location of Shenzhen, China, to Seoul, Korea.

Although originally slated to be in China on January 20th and 21st, a number of landslides in the Shenzhen area late last December have caused event organizers to reconsider for the sake of artists’ safety.

For instance, an accident on December 20th led to the disappearance of 77 and deaths of 58.

Artists such as SHINee, BIGBANG, BTS, f(x), and more are slated to attend the event.

Jan 20-21 Golden Disk Awards Shenzhen IS CANCELLED due to "unavoidable factors beyond control of either parties" pic.twitter.com/weimsqrHag

— aRida (@mystifize) January 11, 2016

 

Source:OSEN

 

Source: Koreaboo

T.O.P angry at fans who keep calling him 30

YG Entertainment

With the near year having come, everyone is now a year older according to the Korean age system. 

However, not everyone is handling the age gain well. For example, BIGBANG‘s T.O.P isn’t particularly fond of being considered thirty years old in Korean age, despite being born in November of 1987. In fact, in a recent series of posts on Instagram, the YG Entertaiment singer expressed his anger at fans who keep calling him thirty to the enjoyment of fans, many of whom thought his reaction was hilarious.

1
“I’m legally 28 years old still”
2
“I’m legally 28 years old still”
3
“I’m legally 28 years old still”

4
“People keep telling me I’m 30”

Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!


NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.


[+ 123, – 3] And he acts like he’s 8.

[+ 107, – 2] He changed the lyrics to Zutter ????

[+ 106, – 2] Age is just a number (Blushes)

Source:Pann

 

Source: Koreaboo

Seungri retracts lawsuit against female singer who scammed him

Shortly after filing a lawsuit against a female singer who scammed him out of billions of won, BIGBANG‘s Seungri reportedly retracted the case.  News broke on January 4th that the YG Entertainnment singer was officially accusing singer Shin Eun Sung of fraud after she allegedly scammed him out of 2 billion won (~$1,666,000). However, reports are now […]

The post Seungri retracts lawsuit against female singer who scammed him appeared first on Koreaboo.

BIGBANG’s Seungri Drops Fraud Lawsuit Against Female Singer

BIGBANG’s Seungri Drops Fraud Lawsuit Against Female Singer

BIGBANG member Seungri has withdrawn the investment fraud lawsuit he filed earlier this month against a female singer.

According to a representative, the misunderstanding was cleared up between the two of them after he was able to contact the female singer, who had disappeared following extensive press coverage of the issue. The two of them were reported to be close friends at the time of the investment.

In 2014, Seungri invested 2 billion won (approximately $1.67 million) at the singer’s suggestion and afterwards invested another 50 million won (about $41,900) into her real estate venture. However, the venture did not go forward and he filed the charges against her, which were dropped within 10 days.

The female singer in question has been revealed to be singer Shin Eun Sung.

Source (1)

Source: Soompi


Korean Police Officers Cover BIGBANG’s “Bang Bang Bang”

Korean Police Officers Cover BIGBANG’s “Bang Bang Bang”

What does your stereotypical police officer look like? A scary by-the-books person that you don’t even want to make eye contact with? Someone who stays in the police cruiser and munches on donuts all the time?

Well, think again, because after watching this video, you might not look at police officers the same way as you have before. In the video below, a group of Korean police officers do a cover of BIGBANG‘s “Bang Bang Bang.” Amazingly, they are very much in sync, and they are quite amazing dancers! The world needs more police officers like these.

Watch the video below:




Source: Soompi